Post a Comment Print Share on Facebook
Featured Christmas Intuitive Health Saving Energy

Studies Suggest Adding Nuts And Seeds For A Healthier Heart

According to new studies and reports, adding seeds or nuts to your daily diet is highly beneficial and reduces the risks of cardiovascular diseases.

- 1677 reads.

Studies Suggest Adding Nuts And Seeds For A Healthier Heart

According to new studies and reports, adding seeds or nuts to your daily diet is highly beneficial and reduces the risks of cardiovascular diseases. Researchers from Loma Linda University have published results of the studies they were conducting in an effort to determine which foods might have negative effects or contribute to heart disease with harmful side effects such as increased blood pressure or heart attacks.

Research

Researchers gathered the results from over 80,000 participants and studied the levels of protein from animals, fat levels, and other fats. Results revealed that those with diet plans that consist of large amounts of meat had a 60 percent chance of developing cardiovascular diseases as opposed to those which received their protein from nuts and seeds, with only a 40 percent chance of developing heart disease.

After publishing results of the studies in the International Journal of Epidemiology, lead author Gary Fraser stated that “While dietary fats are part of the story in affecting risk of cardiovascular disease, proteins may also have important and largely overlooked independent effects on risk" and that “This new evidence suggests that the full picture probably also involves the biological effects of proteins in these foods ... This research is suggesting there is more heterogeneity than just the binary categorization of plant protein or animal protein.”

Deeper Investigation

Researchers also said that the results of their study did not come off as a surprise but left many unanswered questions and that further research was required. Researchers also wonder if amino acids could be a contributing factor to certain cardiovascular conditions. Many heart disease risk factors such as obesity, high blood pressure and more are the main concern behind researchers study as they hope to work on new and healthier diets for those at risk of heart-related illness. Further research is to be conducted to answer any more questions investigators might have about the study at hand.

Warning!

You have to login for comment. If you are not a member? Register now.

Login Sign Up